Verify your Google+ page
Local Google+ pages are unique from other categories of pages because they have features that allow customers to easily connect with that business's physical location. For example, local pages include a map of the business's location and feature its address, phone number, and hours of operation.
Local pages also share the functionality of other Google+ pages you can create and manage circles, start and join hangouts, and share content like posts and photos.
To make a local page for your business:
- Sign in to Google+ (you'll have to create a Google+ profile if you don't already have one).
- Click Pages under Home on the left.
- Click the Create a page button in the upper right.
- Select the Local Business or Place category.
- Enter the name or address of your business and select your business if it appears in the drop-down menu.
- If you don't see your business listed in the menu, click No, these are not my businesses or I’ve correctly entered the business. You'll then be prompted to enter some details for your business. Make sure you enter an accurate, complete street address, and a phone number which reaches your business directly.
- After you complete your business information, click Submit.
You will have one or two verification options. You can also choose to skip verification and return to your page's dashboard at https://plus.google.com/dashboard to complete the process later.
Verification by postcard
- On the postcard request screen, make sure your address is displayed accurately on your postcard. You can also add an Optional contact name to help your postcard reach you. Then click Send postcard.
- When you receive your postcard, enter your PIN number from your dashboard to verify your business.
Verification by phone
- Make sure you can directly answer your business phone number to receive your verification PIN.
- Click Verify by phone to have a PIN number sent to your phone via automated message.
- Enter the PIN number from the message to verify your business.
Note that you won't be able to update the business's name until the verification process is complete.